He did very well though so we moved on to the next step. The Prone Stander!!! (I feel like there should be a drum roll here.) The rule was if he does well with the splints we could move on to the prone stand. So I google this contraption to see what it looks like. Ok, not too bad. I bet Nicholas will like this. It will add a new position for him other than sitting and laying down.
Travis and Frank (Nicholas' PT) look at me expectantly. Lay him down, Lisa. The mom in me says "Heck No!" It is just like sending him off to Gateway School. No way do I want to do it but I have to realize this will benefit Nicholas. I promised Nicholas I would do everything I could to give him the best life possible. So I lay him down in it. They strap him up. Then they slowly raise it up to a standing position. Below is the look on his face.
Not cool, mom!!!
In the picture below, Frank is grabbing his hand to calm him down. Yeah, right!! This is a good thing Nicholas. Is he convinced yet? I am in the back ground wringing my hands together itching to grab him out of that thing. After a few minutes we get him out. He just gets too agitated. I am a little let down. I do want him to like this.
Instructions: keep practicing with him to see if we can get him to like this. Twice a day for 30 minutes each.
Below is Nicholas today. He LOVES his prone stand. He gets so excited. He starts his little cooing sounds and just acts like he is "all that." Very exciting!
By the way, below would be Rochelle's arm. Rochelle is Nicholas' CNA who we all love and adore. We'll have to formally introduce her later-for now you just get the arm :)
3 comments:
AWESOME! Go Nicholas! Look out world here he comes! I love his eager eyes and am happy he can be up to explore his world some more :)
Thank you for sharing your life with us. We check your blog often and though we never have responded before, we have laughed, cried, cheered, and praised God of the precious things that were said and pictures shown. As we go about our daily lives, it is often easy to forget of the blessings that are easily taken advantage of, but your family brings us all hope and strengthened faith in Jesus. You (all) are the most couragous and blessed people we know.
How exciting!!!!! WAy to go Nicholas!!!!
Post a Comment