Thursday, April 9, 2009

Free at last

I went down for coffee and a bagel this morning around 7:00. When I arrived at the PICU door, the resident was walking out. He was coming to find me because he extubated Nicholas and they wanted me to know. I would have gladly delayed my bagel if they would have told me what was going to happen. Anyway, he's off the vent now but still highly agitated. His morning x-ray looked better than yesterday but still some fluid in the lungs. If all goes well, we should leave the PICU later today and return to the floor.

SPR

6 comments:

Jennifer Pelkey said...

Hooray Nicholas! We are thrilled you are off the ventilator! I would be agitated too, sweet boy! You just let everyone know about it and then you'll feel much better! We will be so glad when you are back at home in your mommy and daddy's arms and with your sweet brothers and sister. We have been praying for you so much and are so happy to see progress!
Jennifer, Darren, Matthew and Charlie Pelkey

Unknown said...

Praise the Lord!!! Nicholas is so strong, especially with the Lord holding him up! We love you guys and we will keep praying for that precious baby boy.

Wendy said...

Yeah,Yeah...Praise God! We are so happy for you little Nicholas. We are continuing to pray.

Lots of hugs and love-

Kathy White said...

YEA NICHOLAS!!!!!! I am so glad you were able to be taken off the vent! :) Still praying that your lungs will be clear soon. : ) Love you!!! Kathy White

Anonymous said...

We continue to pray for all of you, Gregg just called me from the road for an update and I am so thankful to find out that I have this good news to share. We rejoice with you at every step of progress. We will continue to ask the Lord to give you all strength and bring about a continual healing for Nicholas. Sincerely, Dino Page

Anonymous said...

This is great news. I'm so thankful he's off the vent. Next step is home! Praying for all of you, rest when you can! Love, Mary