Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Nicholas took a small step backwards today and was not extubated. His lungs are still a little wet which causes concern for the medical team. He also had an adverse reaction to one of the narcotics today which caused them to order an EKG. As of right now, the plan is to attempt extubation again in the morning. Of course all will be predicated on his 4:00 am x-ray and his clinical exam in the morning. Please continue to lift little Nicholas up before the Father.

Thanks to all who have emailed and called. We especially appreciate those that have commented on this blog site. It encourages us more than you can know.

SPR

1 comment:

Debbie H., RN said...

Lisa, Pictures are priceless, gave me my tears but I know you have a very strong faith that will support your family during all the trying times. I miss the little guy ! I don't like to hear about him being so sick. I hope all of you remain strong, there is so much obvious LOVE in your family that nothing but good things could happen. Lots of LOVE & PRAYERS from The Hills ( Bill & Debbie)