At about 8:00 pm tonight, Nicholas was moved from the PICU to the floor. This is a huge step, although being on the floor is not nearly as exciting as the PICU. There appear to be two factors keeping Nicholas here right now: oxygen and antibiotics. He is on a minimal amount of oxygen and we have an O2 concentrator at home so that should not prevent us from going home. The second issue, the antibiotics is a bit different. He has a central line in his neck right now that his antibiotics are administered through. And, he has 3 days of anti's left, which is through Sunday. The question to the doctors tomorrow will be, can we go home with the central line and give him the anti's ourselves? Or, can they be administered through his GJ tube? We shall see!
SPR
3 comments:
Stephen and Lisa! I did not know you had a Blog until yesterday.
Your writings and pictures are so beautiful!! You both have a great sense of humor. I feel a lump in my throat and tears in my eyes one minute and then I'm laughing the next!!
Nicholas is so precious! I know he brings you so much joy! I will pray that he is released from the hospital soon and continues to get better. He is a fighter!! WOW!!!
I would love to bring your family a meal. Is there someone coordinating that for you or should I just call your house sometime?? (helenkkemp@gmail.com)
Love, Helen Kemp
When God wants to show what He can do...we all sit back wide eyed and watch in amazement!! Praise the Lord for the awesome improvements in sweet Nicholas. We love you guys, and will continue to pray for God to continue to hold Nicholas in His arms and heal him.
Wonderful news! Praying that NIcholas will be released soon. Thanks for keeping us all up to date on the blog.
Praying for you guys,
Scott and Amy Garner
Post a Comment