Tuesday, April 7, 2009

To my sweet Nicholas

My sweet Nicholas-I love you. You bring so much joy into my life. I still cannot believe that the Lord honored me by allowing me to be your mother. I am truly blessed to have you as my son. The son I was so scared to have and now am so scared to lose. Right now you are doing better and I am so thankful for that but I am still scared Nicholas. I look into your sweet face and I remember what happened two years ago in this very place. I remember the feeling of almost losing you. I don't want to lose you Nicholas. You're my son and I want to experience life with you. Be strong little one. I long to hold you in my arms and make it all better but I cannot. We must trust in the Lord and His strength to get you through this. Fight my little pickles. Get well so we can bring you home. I love you, mommy.

Dear Lord, I ask that you heal my son, my little pickles. Please give him the strength to beat this infection. We love him so much and are so thankful you brought him into our lives. You are the Master Healer and we put all of our faith and trust in you Lord. We know you hold him in your arms. We know you love him more than we could possibly imagine. Please heal my baby so we can bring him home and live life with him. In your precious name, Amen.

6 comments:

Tina Herndon said...

Lisa,

I so long to be the sweet mommy you are. Thank you for your inspiration. The picture of Nicholas holding your hand is priceless. I have had my good cry for the day now! :-) We are praying for each one of you. I love you, my friend. Stay strong.

Anonymous said...

Lisa,

Our prayers are with you, Steve, your sweet children and especially for Nicholas. God's grace radiants from you through your words. Your letter to your son was beautiful. As we look this week at our Father's heart and what He knew was coming for His Son, I know He understands your needs better than anyone. I pray for peace beyond understanding for you and of course healing for Nicholas.

Jill Gumbs said...

Lisa,

I am praying for you and your family!

Unknown said...

Lisa,
Please know that you and your precious family are in our hearts and our prayers always. We love you. Dean and Misty Osborne

Lara G Williams said...

Lisa,
Wow. I cannot imagine your road right now. But I will pray believing God's promises that He gives grace and strength when we are at our absolute weakest. You, Nicholas, and the rest of your sweet family are precious in His sight. In spite of your feelings I pray you will stand on His truth.
With love, Lara

Wendy said...

Lisa, you are the strongest Mommy I know! I pray for your strength, your body and your rest...stay strong. I know God is sitting right beside you, he is keeping you going. Nicholas is one tough little guy! We are praying for you, Stephen, the kids and healing for Nicholas. Love you all!!