I LOVE TARGET
On the way to the hospital yesterday Megan and I saw a rainbow. A perfect whole one!! It started on one side of the highway and ended on the opposite. We actually drove under it and saw it disappear. We have never seen one like that! Talk about a feeling of peace and reassurance. Wow!
So my sweet Megan says "Mommy...that is Nicholas' rainbow. God made that for him so Nicholas will know that God will always take care of him and so now you don't have to cry unhappy tears anymore."
I reply " Oh, Megan that is so sweet. You are so right. God is in control and we have to trust Him." I was about to continue our conversation on trusting God when......
Megan says " Oh look, look Mommy. There's Target!! I LOVE Target!" Well...there went that sweet moment.
RIPPED PANTS
I have been trying to lose weight since having Nicholas. No luck. Down 5 lbs, up 5 lbs. Well, I think I may finally have it this time. I just caught up on laundry last night but before that I ran out of jeans that fit. Anxious to get to the hospital I thought I could try and "squeeze" into my old pants. You know the old kind that are faded, holey, and you just love? So I do the female trick and lay down sucking in the belly as I get those jeans zipped up. I am so happy that I got them zipped. I can't breathe too well and cannot sit down great but they are on. All day every time I sit I hear a rip. I don't see any holes so where is that noise coming from? Then Boom!!! I sit down and a huge hole rips down the side of my pants. Instant freedom. They weren't tight anymore!!! Of course, I am at the hospital with no other clothes. I so lovingly got the comments from our sweet, kind, and dedicated nurses "Hey Lisa.....love the underwear." Glad so many people could find humor in my ripped pants!!
SMASHED FACES
Nicholas' PICU room faces the highway so every time one of us is heading up there with the kids we tell the other one to wave from the window. So here comes Stephen up the highway with the kids. They all start waving out the car window and I start waving back. Well, they get stopped at a light and I can still see them. So, I wave like crazy. "Can you see me?" "Can you see me now?" Since the kids love this game so much I want to make sure the kids can see me all the way up here on the 6th floor in this dark tinted window. I plaster my face against the window, slamming my hands flat on there. Then I hear Stephen D. "I see you...I see you mommy!" Good my job is done. Then I hear the snickering behind me. Again, a good laugh at my expense. What a picture that made with my face and upper body plastered against the window so my kids could see me. The things we do to bring a smile to our kids faces!!!
QUICK UPDATE
Nicholas will not be extubated today. Even though his lungs look better there is still a lot of junk in his lungs. Keeping him intubated helps his lungs rest and allows them to suction the junk out of his lungs. If they extubated him right now, he would be at a high risk of going backwards again. They are being very cautious with Nicholas due to his love of the words "code blue." We are so thankful for all them and the care they take with him. We are very blessed to have such an awesome team that cares so much. They will start to wean him today so the prayer would be that his lungs remain strong and get cleared of the secretions.
Thanks so much for all of the prayers, emails, cards, etc. We have gotten all of the messages and they mean so much to us. We truly appreciate all of the support!!
2 comments:
I just found out what a great sense of humor you have, Lisa...especially the pants issue...and especially with everything else going on. You are such an encouragement. Love to you and healing for little Nicholas. On to Busch Gardens, we hope :).
Girl..you crack me up!! You are so funny. The mental picture of your ripped pants and face and upper body smashed on the window...just makes me laugh so hard! I needed that! We love you!
Post a Comment